Saturday, September 4, 2010

Leaving Eugene, the trip to Berkeley

I ended up leaving Saturday August 28 rather than Friday 27 since I just couldn’t get enough projects done by Friday. My plan on Saturday morning was to pack the car, pick up the box of supplies and equipment from the office, run a few errands, and head down I-5. All went well until I tried to get to the office. My office was circled by the Eugene Celebration parade! No access! I tried several different approaches. No success. I guess I’ll pick up the calculator, scanner, and supplies on my fast trip home later this month. How often do the little hitches change our plans.
The drive from Eugene to Oakland went well. The weather wasn’t as hot as when I drove down in July. I missed having my Ladybug [dog friend] with me. I’m still impressed by the exit labeled ‘Easy Street and Shamrock Road’ [Exit 770]. Has anybody ever taken that exit? It is tempting to take Easy Street but that doesn’t seem to be my path.
On Sunday, I attended St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. This is the church Peter Fones+ attended while he was at CDSP and enjoyed greatly. Dr. Donn Morgan, former CDSP president and dean and Old Testament scholar, now living in Portland, is also a member and we talked this last Sunday. They have a strong music program as George Emblom, is their Director of Music and the Director of Chapel Music and lecturer at CSDP. For those of you who know about organs, St. Mark has a Flentrop tracker organ with dual manuals and is one of the top ten organs in the Bay Area. You can find more information about the community at St. Mark’s at their website: http://www.stmarksberkeley.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment