Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th at Resurrection

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for the check of $2,900 today from my home church, Resurrection. I've also received direct contributions of $300. And I received $535 from St. John's on Pentecost plus a wonderful reference book, The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. I deeply appreciate your support and your blessings.

I am in a panic about leaving, in that difficult space between knowing that I'm doing what I should be doing, and wishing that I didn't have to go. I think I am mourning the changes in my life even though I believe in my call. How difficult to mourn changes that I want.

I'm leaving early on Thursday morning, July 8th. My wonder dog, Ladybug, is going with me so I won't be lonely for quality company. Kathleen has promised to help me pack my little red car for me Wednesday night. She has great spatial skills. I will be online again by Sunday night I hope. Classes begin on Monday July 12th.

I'm only taking Biblical Greek this summer. Class is 8.30 to 12.30 Monday through Friday with homework plus daily quizzes. I plan to create a routine early to keep up with class and dog walkies. I've found several dog parks within walking distance from where I am staying. Thanks goodness for Google search.

Thank you, thank you Resurrection and St. John the Divine. I appreciate your support and affirmation of my call. May you experience the love I've received from you.

Anxious Nancy


3 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you. Be strong. I look forward to seeing you soon.

    Love,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this. We'll all help to complete this part of your education. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    I've been following your journey and am so impressed with you dedication, knowledge, and sincerity. I wish you well on this portion of your life and hope to see you when you return.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete